RING AROUND (Formally known as All the Kids are Doing It) A musical set in a competitive university with a loose moral compass. Emmy Adams, an ambitious senior, is desperate to prove she has what it takes to get published. Hungry for material and influenced by her friendship with a Hollywood starlet, not to mention fed-up with campus gender and sexual politics, she becomes recklessly involved with a fraternity and her choices lead to a Senior Memoir she never could have imagined. Book & Lyrics by Kate Thomas. Music by Joey Contreras.
- O'Neill NMTC Finalist
- Tisch New Studio on Broadway Undergraduate Production (Dir. Kent Gash)
- Steinhardt School of Music Undergraduate Production at Provincetown Playhouse (Dir. John Simpkins)
- Illinois Wesleyan University Workshop (Dir. Scott Susong)
FORGET ME NOT A whale washes onto the shores of a remote coastal town, and brings a burst of attention back to its struggling community. Unsolved murders, tender relationships, and a media frenzy lead to an explosive reveal that makes us wonder what we would do to keep from being forgotten. Book & Lyrics by Kate Thomas. Music by Joey Contreras.
- 29-Hour Equity Reading Coming December 2017
DIRTY JULY Two American co-eds go out to a popular bar in Tokyo to blow off steam, but by morning, one is found murdered. As CID and FBI agents dig deep into the death of Rainey Mills, they discover her tragedy comes with a twist, and as everyone in her orbit slowly unravels, it is clear nothing is certain and no one is safe. By Kate Thomas.
- New York Theater Festival SUMMERFEST Workshop in collaboration with Monsterpiece Theater Collective
- Monster Works New Play Reading Series (Winner)
- Read Dirty July on the New Play Exchange here
UNSPOKEN AGREEMENT A group of fragile people get together to throw a "Celebration of Life" party for a man who has just committed suicide. The day does not go as planned.
- Read Unspoken Agreement on the New Play Exchange here
ARTISTS IN RESIDENCE Maxine Michaels and Benny Harwood, a struggling writing team, are on the outs and the only thing to save their musical is a questionable college production in Montana. Can they rise to the occasion and inspire a ragtag group of students, or will they lose their last chance to move forward? Screenplay by Kate Thomas. Soundtrack by Kate Thomas & Joey Contreras.