RING AROUND (Formally known as All the Kids are Doing It)
A contemporary musical set in a competitive and morally loose elite university. Emmy Adams, an ambitious senior and aspiring writer, is desperate to prove she has what it takes to get published. Hungry for material and influenced by her friendship with a Hollywood starlet, not to mention fed-up with campus gender and sexual politics, she becomes recklessly involved with a fraternity and her choices lead to a Senior Memoir she never could have imagined. This is not your traditional college musical. Book & Lyrics by Kate Thomas. Music by Joey Contreras.
- O'Neill NMTC Finalist
- Tisch New Studio on Broadway Undergraduate Production (Dir. Kent Gash)
- Steinhardt School of Music Undergraduate Production at Provincetown Playhouse (Dir. John Simpkins)
- Illinois Wesleyan University Workshop (Dir. Scott Susong)
Two American co-eds go out to a popular bar in Tokyo to blow off steam, but by morning, one is found murdered. As CID and FBI agents dig deep into the death of Rainey Mills, they discover her tragedy comes with a twist, and as everyone in her orbit slowly unravels, it is clear nothing is certain and no one is safe. By Kate Thomas.
- New York Theater Festival SUMMERFEST Workshop in collaboration with Monsterpiece Theater Collective
- Monster Works New Play Reading Series (Winner)
- Read Dirty July on the New Play Exchange here
ARTISTS IN RESIDENCE
Maxine Michaels and Benny Harwood, a struggling writing team, are on the outs and the only thing to save their musical and relationship is a questionable college production in Montana. Can they rise to the occasion and inspire a group of misfit students and faculty members? Or will they fall flat and lose their final chance to move forward? Screenplay by Kate Thomas. Soundtrack by Kate Thomas & Joey Contreras.